Teacher Tribe comes to DS
Today’s blog is the second in our DS Staff training series. If you missed the first blog on our cheer coaches training, you can see it here. Back in Term 2 our Dance Sensations staff were super lucky to have the amazing Rebecca Liu-Brennan from Teacher Tribe visit the studio. Rebecca took the staff through a range of different topics and provided incredible value to both our dance teachers and admin staff, sharing her experience from 25 years of teaching dance and running her own studio, PAWS.
Our teachers constantly talk about setting goals and working towards them with their students. So it was a fun turn around when Rebecca opened the day by asking our staff to share their goals for their teaching and the classes that they have. It was so great to be able to share these goals with each other and hear some great ideas from the team along the way!
So much to do, so little time!
The rest of the day just seemed to fly by! Some of the other great content that we covered included:
- How to best make sure our new students and families feel welcome as part of the DS Family.
- Structuring our dance classes to ensure every student feels special.
- How to best ‘polish’ their in class routines so that they are performance ready.
- Building positive relationships with all members of the DS Family.
- Identifying the different ways students can learn, and how to motivate these different types of learners.
- Positive Mindset.
We had such a great day with the Teacher Tribe team! Rebecca was so impressed with the DS Staff and how they responded, shared and supported each other throughout the day. The team took so much from the training and were keen to get back into class the following week and start implementing some of the great ideas from the day! We are so lucky to have such and incredible and dedicated staff here at Dance Sensations. They are always looking to improve themselves, and in the process, improve the dance classes for all of our students.